A2O People are proud to be a supporting partner of the IMechE Nuclear Lifting Seminar.
Held every two years and organised by the Institution of Mechanical Engineering, the Nuclear Lifting seminar brings together the nuclear engineering community to discuss technical solutions and discover new techniques to address the challenges facing those conducting high risk lifting.
This seminar is a must attend opportunity for all engineers and professionals involved in lifting operations to meet and explore long term strategies, unique safety cases and cost-effective design that meet regulated standards. Furthermore, attendees will understand how best to conduct complex and high risk lifts on decommissioning, operational and new build nuclear sites.
Key topics for this seminar include:
· Learn from Sellafield about the technical factors which led to the failure to lift an in-cave 20/5te EOTC
· AWE explore the role of human factors in nuclear lifting accidents and how to account for them including implementing ISO9001:2015
· Hear about the Clyde Naval Base’s strategies for use of a mobile crane in a nuclear environment
· Mammoet present on lifting in challenging environments including at their operations at Chernobyl
· EDF set out the framework for improving lifting operations using Significant Operating Experience Report (SOER 2008-1)
Plus: get updated regulatory guidance from the Office of Nuclear Regulation, insights from Radioactive Waste Management Ltd and network and share experience with over 100 professionals from the nuclear industry.
For full details and to book your place, simply visit http://bit.ly/NuclearLifting2016
A2O People are pleased to be able to support and recommend the event to our candidates and clients in the nuclear sector and those involved in lifting activities.
A2O People are a specialist HR Consultancy and Recruitment Agency in Nuclear, Energy, Water and Construction.
If you are interested in exploring job opportunities on the Hinkley Point C project or in the Nuclear, Energy, Water or Construction sectors you can submit your CV.
We offer a Referral Scheme so let us know if any of your friends or colleagues would be interested in exploring employment opportunities. Your referral can help good causes or earn you a reward.
You can register at the bottom of any website page to receive our newsletter or join our social media sites which will keep you up to date on the latest industry developments.
Please share this blog post with your friends and colleagues.